Hibernate OGM (Object/Grid Mapper)
Hibernate Object/Grid Mapper (OGM) aims at providing Java Persistence (JPA) support for NoSQL solutions. It reuses Hibernate Core's engine but persists entities into a NoSQL data store instead of a relational database. It reuses the Java Persistence Query Language (JP-QL) to search their data.
That's the grand scheme of things and we will roll out functionalities over time. The short term target is:
- support for Infinispan (done)
- support Hibernate Search full-text queries (done)
- support simple JP-QL queries (restrictions and many-to-one joins)
- support other key/value stores
- support other NoSQL families
- support complex joins and aggregations
Hibernate OGM is released under the LGPL open source license.